Tuesday 15 July 2014

Quilled Sun Flower Bookmark


Hello, quiller!
Well, it's been a long time since the last post about quilling paper. Before I went to Jakarta to do internship here, I made a bookmark with a quilled sunflower on it. Actually, it was a basic quilling which can be done by making two basic shapes only. Shaped marquise for the petals and tigh coil for the inner petal. It just like a piece of cake, right? ;)

What you need :

  • of course some paper strips, hehe. I used sun-kissed yellow for the petals, black and dark brown for the inner petals.
  • white glue
  • green 200gsm paper
  • scissor
  • cutter
  • quilling ruler, why we need this stuff? to make sure that each petal has the same size
  • quilling needle
Ok, now just let the picture tell you how to make it. It will be better than I write the steps with my poor English, isn't it? Hehe. Enjoy the picture, I will try my best to give an easy to understand caption on each.

some 5mm sun kissed yellow strips

quill it till it's diameter = 10mm

make a marquise shaped

shape one of the point of your marquise like the picture above

Then, make a tight coil shape from the black strips, I forgot to take the picture, but it's very easy to make a tight coil. If you didn't know how tight coil shape is, just search on Google and you'll find many.

cut the dark brown strips like that

quill it together with your black tight coil

Arrange all of your quilling into a complete flower

Cut the 200gsm paper

Make some additional leaves from the paper

Stick it all together and Voila!!





1 comment: